Tuesday 10 September 2013

Paintings of Eliza Ann White nee Biddle

In the will of Adolphus White the paintings made by Eliza Ann Biddle ,his wife are described.
So far we did not find a picture of the paintings.
Eliza Anne BIDDLE b: 11 JUN 1836 in Chelsea, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Father: John BIDDLE b: 1797 
Mother: SARAH Biddle nee Hollowell b: 1794 in Gibraltar

Marriage 1 George Douglass BARBER
Married: 19 MAR 1857 in St. John Church, Meerut, India
Note: 'by John Edward Rotton, chaplain'
Mrs Eliza Annie Barbor, widow of the late Lt G D Barbor, 20th Bengal N I ,who was killed in action at Lucknow.

Marriage 2 Adolphus Charles WHITE b: 1831 in Canterbury, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Married: 17 MAR 1864 in St Lukes, Chelsea, London, Greater London, England
Census: 2 APR 1871 in 36 park Road, Hampstead, London, Greater London, England
Census: 3 APR 1881 in 36 Park Road, Hampstead, London, Greater London, England

 in the will of Sarah Biddle- Eliza´s mother- we find 
5. - To my daughter, Eliza Annie White, my plate tea service, my large
looking glass, my black satin dress and cameo brooch.



PAINTINGS -Sarah Biddles will, probate 15th march 1870.
'To my son, William Henry Hulse Anderson for his own absolute use my two oil paintings painted by my said daughter Eliza Annie White'
Charles Swinhoe's will, probate 6th February 1924.
'to my said daughter Florence Palin the two water colour paintings Of the Deanery and Of my former house in the Close at Winchester by Eliza White'

 I bequeath to my niece Alice Kate May (wife Of Robert George May Of Grena Lodge Richmond in the County Of Surrey) my blue enamelled diamond ring also the oil painting Of Dr Johnson visiting Lord Chesterfield painted by my late wife now in the drawing room of my
house No 36 Parkhill Road aforesaid 

No comments: